Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Seminars in Nephrology
- Embracing the Internet as a means of enhancing medical education in nephrology.Am J Kidney Dis. 2011; 58: 512-518
- The social media revolution in nephrology education.Kidney Int Rep. 2018; 3: 519-529
- To tweet or not to tweet, that is the question.Semin Nephrol. 2020; 40: 249-263
- Twitter-based journal clubs: bringing critical appraisal to the social table.Semin Nephrol. 2020; 40: 264-272
- From tweetstorm to tweetorials: threaded tweets as a tool for medical education and knowledge dissemination.Semin Nephrol. 2020; 40: 273-278
- Newsletters in medical education.Semin Nephrol. 2020; 40: 284-290
- Picking up the Slack: collaboration tools to build community and increase productivity in nephrology.Semin Nephrol. 2020; 40: 298-302
- The use of communication apps by medical staff in the Australian Health Care System: survey study on prevalence and use.JMIR Med Inform. 2018; 6: e9
WhatsApp. WhatsApp.com. [cited 2019 October 6]. Available from: https://www.whatsapp.com.
- The role of WhatsApp® in medical education; a scoping review and instructional design model.BMC Med Educ. 2019; 19: 279
- Instant messaging in dental education.J Dent Educ. 2015; 79: 1471-1478
- Disrupting fellow education through group texting: WhatsApp in fellow education?.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2018; 72: 3366-3369
- Use of WhatsApp in assisting psychiatry learning.Med Educ. 2016; 50: 1165
- An international instant-messaging journal club: a modern, fun and global approach to a traditional teaching tool.Trop Doct. 2020; 50: 49-53
- Smartphones let surgeons know WhatsApp: an analysis of communication in emergency surgical teams.Am J Surg. 2015; 209: 45-51
- WhatsApp in clinical practice: a literature review.Stud Health Technol Inform. 2016; 231: 82-90
- WhatsApp—an innovative solution for the stroke care.J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. 2014; 85: e4
- WhatsApp messenger as an adjunctive tool for telemedicine: an overview.Interact J Med Res. 2017; 6: e11
- WhatsApp for teaching pathology postgraduates: a pilot study.J Pathol Inform. 2017; 8: 6
- “WhatsApp®”ening in nephrology training.Clin Kidney J. 2019; 13: 8-13
- A descriptive analysis of the role of a WhatsApp clinical discussion group as a forum for continuing medical education in the management of complicated HIV and TB clinical cases in a group of doctors in the Eastern Cape, South Africa.South Afr J HIV Med. 2019; 20: 982
- Assessing the impact on less-than-full-time core medical trainees of a WhatsApp group and significantly enhanced website information.Future Healthc J. 2019; 6: 155-156
- Use of the smartphone app WhatsApp as an e-learning method for medical residents: multicenter controlled randomized trial.JMIR Mhealth Uhealth. 2019; 7: e12825
- Feasibility, effectiveness, and students’ attitude toward using WhatsApp in histology teaching and learning.J Educ Health Promot. 2018; 7: 158
- Mobile instant messaging (MIM) to support teaching practice: insights from a nurse tutor program in Nigeria.Malawi Med J. 2018; 30: 120-126
- Using mobile text and media to complement teaching in a facial reconstruction training module in Haiti.J Surg Educ. 2019; 76: 762-770
- WhatsApp: a real-time tool to reduce the knowledge gap and share the best clinical practices in psoriasis.Telemed J E Health. 2019; 25: 294-300
- The impact of WhatsApp use on academic achievement among Saudi medical students.Med Teach. 2018; 40: S10-S14
- Role of WhatsApp-based discussions in improving residents’ knowledge of post-operative pain management: a pilot study.Korean J Anesthesiol. 2017; 70: 542-549
- WhatsApp messenger as a tool to supplement medical education for medical students on clinical attachment.BMC Med Educ. 2017; 17: 7
- Getting acquainted with social networks and apps: picking up the Slack in communication and collaboration.Library Hi Tech News. 2016; 33: 6-9
- The effects of network sharing on knowledge-sharing activities and job performance in enterprise social media environments.Comput Human Behav. 2016; 55: 826-839
NSMC Internship Application — NephJC. NephJC. [cited 2019 October 20]. Available from: http://www.nephjc.com/internship-app.
- Using Slack to communicate with medical students.J Med Libr Assoc. 2018; 106: 504-507
- The use of Slack for medical residency development and recruiting.J Innov Health Inform. 2018; 25: 194-195
Home | Viber. Viber. [cited 2019 October 6]. Available from: https://www.viber.com.
- Use of viber app: a fast, easy and cost effective method of communication in neurosurgery.Neurol India. 2013; 61: 610-613
- Cost effective use of free-to-use apps in neurosurgery (FAN) in developing countries: from clinical decision making to educational courses, strengthening health care delivery.World Neurosurg. 2016; 95: 270-275
- JGME-ALiEM hot topics in medical education online journal club: an analysis of a virtual discussion about resident teachers.J Grad Med Educ. 2015; 7: 437-444
- Randomized evaluation of videoconference meetings for medical students’ mid-clerkship feedback sessions.West J Emerg Med. 2019; 20: 163-169
- JGME-ALiEM hot topics in medical education: an analysis of a virtual discussion on resident well-being.J Grad Med Educ. 2018; 10: 36-42
- JGME-ALiEM hot topics in medical education: analysis of a multimodal online discussion about team-based learning.J Grad Med Educ. 2017; 9: 102-108
- The Global Educational Toxicology Uniting Project (GETUP): an analysis of the first year of a novel toxicology education project.J Med Toxicol. 2015; 11: 295-300
Financial support: none.
Conflict of interest statement: Kenar D. Jhaveri serves as a consultant for Astex pharmaceuticals and Natera.