Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Seminars in Nephrology
- Editorial commentary: the public physician in cardiology: the solution to information pollution.Trends Cardiovasc Med. 2020; 30: 36-38
- free open Access Medical Education (FOAM) in emergency medicine: the global distribution of users in 2016.West J Emerg Med. 2018; 19: 600-605
- The use of social media in graduate medical education: a systematic review.Acad Med J Assoc Am Med Coll. 2017; 92: 1043-1056
- Social media use in medical education: a systematic review.Acad Med J Assoc Am Med Coll. 2013; 88: 893-901
- The online hierarchy of needs: a beginner's guide to medical social media and FOAM.Emerg Med Australas. 2015; 27: 5
- Embracing the Internet as a means of enhancing medical education in nephrology.Am J Kidney Dis. 2011; 58: 512-518
- Information sharing on social media sites.Comput Hum Behav. 2013; 29: 2622-2631
- The use of Twitter by the trauma and orthopaedic surgery journals: Twitter activity, impact factor, and alternative metrics.Cureus. 2017; 9: e1931
- Disease-specific hashtags and the creation of Twitter medical communities in hematology and oncology.Semin Hematol. 2017; 54: 189-192
- Twitter and academic urology in the United States and Canada: a comprehensive assessment of the Twitterverse in 2019.BJU Int. 2020; 125: 173-181
- The social media revolution in nephrology education.Kidney Int Rep. 2018; 3: 519-529
- Who are the most influential emergency physicians on Twitter?.West J Emerg Med. 2017; 18: 281-287
- A Twitter primer: dos and don'ts for cytopathologists.Diagn Cytopathol. 2017; 45: 577-579
- The social media DNA of Mayo Clinic-and health care.J Am Coll Radiol. 2018; 15: 162-166
- The ALiEM faculty incubator: a novel online approach to faculty development in education scholarship.Acad Med. 2018; 93: 1497
Health Care Education 2.0 - transforming your teaching for the digital age. [cited 2019 November 14]. Available from: https://www.harvardmacy.org/index.php/hmi-courses/hce2-0.
- Mentorship in the digital age: nephrology social media collective internship.Clin J Am Soc Nephrol. 2019; 14: 294-296
- Picking up the slack: collaboration tools to build community and increase productivity in nephrology.Semin Nephrol. 2020; 40: 298-302
- The use of Slack for medical residency development and recruiting.J Innov Health Inform. 2018; 25: 194-195
Code of conduct. NephJC. [cited 2020 November 14]. Available from: http://www.nephjc.com/code-of-conduct.
- NephMadness after 5 years: a recap and game plan for the future.Am J Kidney Dis. 2018; 71: 299-301
- NephMadness 2015: nephrology as a cornerstone of medicine.Am J Kidney Dis. 2015; 65: 375-377
NephMadness: lessons from seven years on the leading edge of social media medical education. Eur Med J. [cited 2020 August 14]. Available from:https://www.emjreviews.com/nephrology/article/nephmadness-lessons-from-seven-years-on-the-leading-edge-of-social-media-medical-education.
- Seeing is believing: using visual abstracts to disseminate scientific research.Am J Gastroenterol. 2018; 113: 459-461
- Why is a cow? Curiosity, tweetorials, and the return to why.N Engl J Med. 2019; 381: 1097-1098
- The evolution of the journal club: from Osler to Twitter.Am J Kidney Dis. 2017; 69: 827-836
- Got CKD? There's an app for that!.Clin J Am Soc Nephrol. 2019; 14: 491-492
- Renal fellow network: past and future.Clin J Am Soc Nephrol. 2018; 13: 1915-1917
- Why not nephrology? A survey of US internal medicine subspecialty fellows.Am J Kidney Dis. 2013; 61: 540-546
- A delicate balance: intraglomerular hemodynamics across ages in type 1 diabetes.Am J Kidney Dis. 2019; 73: 759-761
- Kidney transplantation for the primary care provider.Dis Mon. 2020; 66: 100869
- Update and review of adult polycystic kidney disease.Dis Mon. 2020; 66: 100887
- Preventing a nonexistent entity: the curious case of contrast and acute kidney injury.Curr Opin Nephrol Hypertens. 2020; 29: 152-160
Acute tubular necrosis: practice essentials, pathophysiology, etiology. 2019. [cited 2020 January 13]. Available from: https://emedicine.medscape.com/article/238064-overview.
Novel biomarkers of renal function: introduction and overview, characteristics of an ideal marker for kidney disease, biomarkers of acute kidney injury. [cited 2020 January 13]. Available from: https://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1925619-overview.
- Design, dissemination, and assessment of NephSIM: a mobile-optimized nephrology teaching tool.J Grad Med Educ. 2019; 11: 708-712
Landmark nephrology. [cited 2020 January 4]. Available from:http://landmarknephrology.com.
- The glomerular disease study and trial consortium: a grassroots initiative to foster collaboration and innovation.Kidney Int Rep. 2019; 4: 20-29
- The AJKD editorial internship: insights from the inaugural class of editorial interns.Am J Kidney Dis. 2019; 74: 287-289
Financial support: This work was supported by Nephrology Journal Club (NephJC), a nonprofit organization that supports the work of NephJC and the Nephrology Social Media Collective.
Conflict of interest statement: Samira S. Farouk is on the executive committee of the Nephrology Social Media Collective Internship, is a Faculty Member of Nephrology Journal Club (NephJC), is Co-Editor of the Renal Fellow Network, and Co-Creator of , Nephrology Simulator; and Matthew A. Sparks on the Board of Directors of NephJC, Co-Program Director of the Nephrology Social Media Collective internship, Faculty Member of NephJC, and is Faculty Lead of Renal Fellow Network.