Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Xenotransplantation: where are we today?.J R Soc Med. 2003; 96: 111-117
- International standards and guidelines for xenotransplantation.Nat Biotechnol. 2021; 39: 1501-1502
- Characterizing the mechanistic pathways of the instant blood-mediated inflammatory reaction in xenogeneicneonatal islet cell transplantation.Transplant Direct. 2016; 2: e77
- Xenogeneic transplantation and tolerance in the era of CRISPR-Cas9.Curr Opin Organ Transplant. 2019; 24: 5-11
- Targeted disruption of the alpha1,3-galactosyltransferase gene in cloned pigs.Nat Biotechnol. 2002; 20: 251-255
- A programmable dual-RNA-guided DNA endonuclease in adaptive bacterial immunity.Science. 2012; 337: 816-821
- The combinational use of CRISPR/Cas9 and targeted toxin technology enables efficient isolation of bi-allelic knockout non-human mammalian clones.Int J Mol Sci. 2018; 19: 1075
- Genetic strategies to bring islet xenotransplantation to the clinic.Curr Opin Organ Transplant. 2016; 21: 476-483
US Food and Drug Administration. Xenotransplantation. https://www.fda.gov/vaccines-blood-biologics/xenotransplantation. Accessed 17 June 2022.
Organ shortage: current status and strategies for improvement of organ donation – A Europeanconsensus document, EDQM, Council of Europe, 2003. Organ shortage: current status and strategies for improvement of organ donation - A European consensus document.
WHO. Transplantation. Accessed 2022. https://www.who.int/health-topics/transplantation#tab=tab_2. Accessed 17 June 2022.
- World first pig-to-human cardiac xenotransplantation.Xenotransplantation. 2022; 29: e12733
- Xenotransplantation: an ethical dilemma.Curr Opin Cardiol. 2006; 21: 138-141
ANZOD. ANZOD – Australia and New Zealand Organ Donation Registry. 2022. https://www.anzdata.org.au/anzod/. Accessed 19 June 2022
HRSA. Organ donation statistics. https://www.organdonor.gov/learn/organ-donation-statistics. Accessed 17 June 2022.
Miller W. The Xeno Chronicles: Two Years on the Frontiers of Medicine Inside Harvards Transplant Research Lab. 2005, Public Affairs.
Amazon.com Review. https://www.amazon.com/Xeno-Chronicles-Frontier-Medicine-Transplant/dp/1586482424. Accessed 11 May 2022.
- International human xenotransplantation inventory: a 10-y follow-up.Transplantation. 2022; 106: 1713-1716
- Public opinion surveys about xenotransplantation.Xenotransplantation. 2004; 11: 551-558
- Jewish, Christian and Muslim theological perspectives about xenotransplantation.Xenotransplantation. 2018; 25: e12400
- Public attitudes toward xenotransplantation: atheological perspective.J Evid Based Soc Work (2019). 2020; (Published online August 30)https://doi.org/10.1080/26408066.2020.1814927
- The miracle of the black leg: Eastern neglect of Western addition to the hagiography of Saints Cosmas and Damian.Acta Med Hist Adriat. 2015; 13: 329-344
- Third WHO global consultation on regulatory requirements for xenotransplantation clinical trials, Changsha, Hunan, China December 12-14, 2018: “The 2018 Changsha Communique" the 10-year anniversary of the international consultation on xenotransplantation.Xenotransplantation. 2019; 26: e12513
Jarvis A. The cultural, spiritual and ethical aspects of xenotransplantation: animal-to-human transplantation. 2005. http://www.interchurchbioethics.org.nz/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/ICBC-2005-Xenotransplantation.pdf. Accessed 17 June 2022.
COE, Report on the state of the art in the field of xenotransplantation, 2000 https://www.coe.int/t/dg3/healthbioethic/Activities/06_Xenotransplantation_en/XENO(2003)1_SAR.pdf. Accessed 17 June 2022.
- Religious beliefs and opinions on clinical xenotransplantation–a survey of university students from Kenya, Sweden and Texas.Clin Transplant. 2001; 15: 421-425
- Clinical pig kidney xenotransplantation: how close are we?.J Am Soc Nephrol. 2020; 31: 12-21
- Recommendations to the IRB review process in preparation of xenotransplantation clinical trials.Xenotransplantation. 2020; 27: e12587
- First clinical-grade porcine kidney xenotransplant using a human decedent model.Am J Transplant. 2022; 22: 1037-1053
- Results of two cases of pig-to-human kidney xenotransplantation.N Engl J Med. 2022; 386: 1889-1898
- Regulation of clinical xenotransplantation: a reappraisal of the legal, ethical, and social aspects involved.Methods Mol Biol. 2020; 2110: 315-358
- First WHO global consultation on regulatory requirements for xenotransplantation clinical trials.The Changsha Communiqué, 2008
- (2011). Second WHO global consultation on regulatory requirements for xenotransplantation clinical trials, October 17-19 2011, In: WHO, Geneva, Switzerland. World Health Organization.WHO, Second WHO global consultation on regulatory requirements for Xenotransplantation clinical trials. Consultation, Geneva2011
- Patients' attitudes to xenotransplantation.Lancet. 1997; 349: 1031
- Attitudes of potential candidates for heart and heart-lung transplantation to xenotransplantation.Prog Transplant. 2002; 12: 280-288
- Xenografting: ethical issues.J Med Ethics. 1998; 24: 18-24
- Arguments for the ethical permissibility of transgenic xenografting.Gene Ther. 2000; 7: 633-634
- Position paper of the Ethics Committee of the International Xenotransplantation Association.Xenotransplantation. 2003; 10: 194-203
- Attitudinal study of organ xenotransplantation in patients on the kidney and liver transplant waiting list in a country with a high rate of deceased donation.Xenotransplantation. 2011; 18: 168-175
- Student nurses at Spanish universities and their attitude toward xenotransplantation.Xenotransplantation. 2019; 26: e12507
- Ethical and regulatory guidelines in clinical trials of xenocorneal transplantation in Korea; the Korean xenocorneal transplantation consensus statement.Xenotransplantation. 2013; 20: 209-218
- The ethics debate in relation to xenotransplantation.Rev Sci Tech. 2005; 24: 335-342
- Psychosocial challenges of xenotransplantation: the need for a multidisciplinary, religious, and cultural dialogue.Xenotransplantation. 2016; 23: 335-337
- First update of the International Xenotransplantation Association consensus statement on conditions for undertaking clinical trials of porcine islet products in type 1 diabetes–chapter 3: porcine islet product manufacturing and release testing criteria.Xenotransplantation. 2016; 23: 38-45
- First update of the International Xenotransplantation Association consensus statement on conditions for undertaking clinical trials of porcine islet products in type 1 diabetes–chapter 4: pre-clinical efficacy and complication data required to justify a clinical trial.Xenotransplantation. 2016; 23: 46-52
- Meta-analysis of public perception toward xenotransplantation.Xenotransplantation. 2020; 27: e12583
Publication stageIn Press Corrected Proof
Financial disclosure and conflicts of interest statements: none.